Colorization

John Iaccarino
Colorization
Originally, I had chosen another image that had a lot more detail and focal points. I decided to switch to this black and white photo because I felt as though the mom brushing her daughter's hair was the primary focal point.The mom and daughter are in darker colors to draw your eye to them first. In this project specifically, I found it to be very difficult to match skin tone. If I had the opportunity to do this project over again, I would have liked to use a lighter nude color on the girl. I chose to color the toy in traditional red, green and yellow because it mirrors what would have been used in this time period for toys. The dark tones of the woods in the back made it difficult to add color to them. I think that this picture could have used some more shading and highlights to accentuate more of the finer details.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logos

Canvas Exercise

Cut and Paste